“A thing of beauty is a joy forever...” said the poet John Keats.
To a woman, these words sing a song that’s both physical and spiritual. Everybody loves to see a smiling radiant face with bright eyes, clear skin and pretty lips. A well-maintained physical appearance is pleasing to the eye and also a big confidence booster.
However, it could be a bit draining both financially and physically to try to maintain or even attain some standards of beauty – elegance worthy of admiration. Imagine spending money on hair, makeup and clothes just to look fashionable or have that golden poise when you step in the room. You are talking about spending close to AED 10,000 per month on beauty products, spa treatments and all the other things. And perhaps all these still won’t guarantee getting the result you crave – Absurd, right? Consequently, there are some beauty secrets straight from your kitchen guaranteed to make you shine – some very easy and affordable remedies to everyday beauty issues. Forget spending ridiculous amount on exotic products! Most of your problems can be fixed right at the heart of your kitchen.
So let’s answer all those burning questions that fill a woman’s head every day. Let’s begin with the hair. Women take special care of every part of their body. But the hair is a special part for them. Hair is more like their prized possession, whether it is long, dark, short or blonde. It’s very important in accentuating a woman’s image.
Some of those healthy oils used in cooking boasts of great beauty powers. Applying these cooking oils on your hair can make it glow in any weather. Follow these easy steps suggested by a top hair stylists and you sure will get that lovely glowing hair guaranteed to make heads turn:
- Get a small bowl and microwave 6 tablespoons of the oil until it is warm.
- Throw a towel into the dryer and work the oil into your hair using your fingertips. Start from the scalp then work around the tips.
- Wrap the towel around your head, it should be warm by the time you do. Leave it wrapped around your head for about 30 minutes. Then shampoo normally.
Amazingly, that’s not the only benefits of olive oil. You can apply olive oil on your hair and body after bath for a moisturising effect. Olive oil also has other immense benefits aside from the ones listed above. Let’s look at some of them:
- To clears acne: Make a paste by mixing 4 tablespoons of salt with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour the mixture into your hands and fingers and work it around your face. Leave it on for a minute or two, then rinse it off with warm, soapy water. The olive oil helps to restore the skin’s natural moisture.
Olive oil is an apt substitute for shaving cream. It provides a smooth surface for gliding and also makes the skin shine.
- Get a plain cup of yogurt. Mix and mash one quarter into a small bowl. • After mashing the yogurt, apply 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 medium banana.
- Apply for 10-20 minutes then rinse off with cool water. Your face will have a unique glow every day.
Also, bear in mind that consistency is very important when it comes to these beauty secrets. You have to make it a habit to see the amazing results.
Health experts recommend dabbing some raw honey on blemishes and then allowing it to sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off. Honey’s anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties can help kill acne-causing bacteria. This remedy comes highly recommended. Honey also helps with sunburn.
- Mix 2 parts of raw honey with 2 parts of aloe gel, then apply on the sunburned area.
Many women complain about losing their hair colour. Raw honey fixes this issue also, but not on its own. It joins forces with olive oil to restore the hair texture.
- Just take 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Use your hands to evenly spread it on your hair, then rinse after 20 minutes. Your hair is guaranteed to shine even more than before.
Raw honey is also a blessing to women with dry skin. Regular application removes the dry skin and also gives the face its missing glow. It also keeps fungal infections and other skin-related issues away.
I can see some beautiful women reading this, saying ‘milk?’ Yes, milk! It is not only for strong bones and teeth, but it also adds a whole lot of goodness to the skin. Let’s not mince words here and go straight to the recipe:
- Milk acts as a viable exfoliate agent to get rid of dead skin cells. You don’t just apply warm milk on your skin, ladies! There’s more to it than that. Add a pinch of salt in boiling water, then add 3 cups of milk to it. Add about half a cup of lukewarm water to the mixture and allow it to stay for 20 minutes. Apply on your skin and scrub off the dead skin with a soft sponge.
- It also helps in maintaining a facial glow. By adding milk to mashed bananas, you can get clearer and smoother skin. After application, massage the washed off skin with a little milk and voila! Your skin is looking even more radiant than ever.
- Milk properly functions as a cleanser for the skin. However, you have to add some other essential ingredients from the kitchen to complete this process. Mix 2 teaspoons of milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the face, leave for 15 minutes, then wash off.
- One particular benefit of using lemons is that it helps to clear stretch marks. Some women don’t feel comfortable and confident with their stretch marks showing on their skin. For stretch marks, apply lemon juice on the affected area frequently.
- Another important feature of lemon is that it helps fight the ageing process. You don’t have to worry about those lines and wrinkles showing on your face. With the regular application of lemon juice, the ageing process that a lot women dread will be delayed.
- Chapped lips is another problem lemon can solve. Apply lemon juice on your lips before you hit the bed and wake to fresh, smooth lips the next morning.
- It is not only good for singers with cracked voices, but a fantastic ingredient for facial masks. Just blend dry ginger powder and dehydrated milk powder. Apply it, wait for about 20 minutes, wash it off, then apply a moisturiser.
- Regular application of freshly squeezed ginger juice is known to be a remedy for hyperpigmentation. This condition is caused by increased melanin in the body which results to darkening of parts such as nails and skin.
There are other ingredients not mentioned in detail in this article that can be used to solve your beauty issues. These are black pepper, sesame seed oil, gram flour amongst others. As most of these ingredients are very common in kitchens throughout the world, you don’t have an excuse to try them!
Conclusively, these remedies will have lasting effects only if applied regularly. Consistency is described to be one of the keys to achieving beauty success. Furthermore, these facial masks are very easy to use, with little or no time spent (20 minutes maximum) on application. Some of them go hand in hand, so you don’t have to stress by buying a million things for one particular issue. It is funny that some of the expensive products we rush to get might not be as effective as the judicious application of these ingredients
Try these home remedies to achieve beautifully glowing skin.