The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate, has removed herself from upcoming events after being exposed to COVID-19, Kensington Palace confirmed today, Monday, July 5.
"Last week, the Duchess of Cambridge came into contact with someone who has subsequently tested positive for COVID-19," a spokesperson for the palace said in a statement. "Her Royal Highness is not experiencing any symptoms but is following all relevant government guidelines and is self-isolating at home."
The Duchess of Cambridge, 39, who has the COVID-19 vaccine, was set to appear at St. Paul's Cathedral in London for a service of thanksgiving in honour of the U.K.'s public health service, NHS, on Monday. Instead, her husband, Prince William, attended alone. William, 39, previously battled the illness in private in April 2020 and is said to have had some "rough moments" during that time.