Every year, undergraduate students from across the various faculties at Amity University Dubai come together for Industry Day, to showcase their personal internship experiences with top companies, government organisations, startups, university labs, and more! This year was no different, even with the global pandemic. Instead of calling time on this year's event, the university put together an innovative hybrid version, which saw students presenting their internship projects on and offline.
Attendees, including industry partners, had the opportunity to engage in one-on-one discussions with presenters who prepared exhibitions and displays of their internship experiences. The presentations on display showed that not only did students gain valuable experience from their internships but also that they were well equipped to add value to the industries in which they worked.
This year's industry partners in attendance included:
- Mr Ali Al Hosani, Human Resources Director, Ajman Free Zone
- Mr Abdelaziz Almaazmi, Director, Business Incubation Department, Dubai SME
- Ms Lena Kayed, Senior Specialist, Hamdan Innovation incubation
- Mr Yousef Lootah, Senior Manager, Hamdan Innovation Incubation
- Ms Marsha Fry, founder, Out and About Magazine.
The event was also well-represented by Amity University Dubai officials and senior staff from across the various faculties. Attendees included:
- Dr Narayanan Ramchandran, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Amity University Dubai
- Dr Fazal Malik, Dean, Humanities, Arts and Applied Sciences
- Dr Anand Kumar, Dean, School of Engineering and Architecture
- Mr Mehrdad Mohasses, Dean, School of Management and Commerce.
Programme leaders and lecturers also made up the list of attendees at Industry Day.