From padel and stretching classes to dog yoga, family runs, kickboxing and achieving new milestones, fitness enthusiasts can try something new and exhilarating every day at various locations across Palm Jumeirah during the 30-day Dubai Fitness Challenge this year.
Nakheel is committed to building happiness and prosperity for citizens, residents and visitors in Dubai. Part of this is providing exciting wellness and health-focused activities during Dubai Fitness Challenge and throughout the year through community initiatives such as LiveWell.
To achieve this, Nakheel's master development Palm Jumeirah is joining Dubai's annual celebration of fitness and wellness with a packed calendar of activities that will inspire them to stay active and energised and give them the opportunity to try new physical challenges from 29 October to 27 November.
Collaborating with some of the best fitness studios, coaches and athletes in Dubai, events will be spread out across Palm Jumeirah's three key destinations - Palm West Beach, The Pointe and Golden Mile Galleria. Wellness enthusiasts of all ages and fitness levels will be able to enjoy the sunshine, cooler weather, and scenic and calming views in yoga sessions, meditation classes, and the pop-up outdoor fitness gym on the beach.
Making History in Palm Jumeirah
On 19 November, Palm Jumeirah will be collaborating with Touch, an inclusive talent agency representing experts and leaders across multiple industries, to attempt to break a new record for the first open-water swim around the island. The historic swim will be undertaken by Alex Millington, CrossFit athlete who previously competed at the UAE Government Games 2020 and 2021, alongside His Highness the Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Starting at sunrise, Alex will be taking on the task of swimming around Palm Jumeirah's crescent and in the open waters of the Arabian Gulf, from one side of the island to the other. The never attempted swim will be the first to be conducted outside the outer breakwater of the island.
Palm Jumeirah's Largest Spin Class
Palm Jumeirah invites static cycling lovers to be part of the largest spin class on the island. In collaboration with the city's leading fitness studios, Train with Camp and Fitness First, The Next Level at The View at The Palm, Palm West Beach and Golden Mile Galleria will bring together more than 50 spin enthusiasts for an exhilarating spin session on 29 October from 8 am – 9 am. Subsequently, the studios will also be hosting two more sessions for visitors until 11 am.
Manal Rostom, renowned athlete and the first Egyptian woman to climb Mount Everest, will be leading the spin class from The Next Level, which will be broadcasted live at Palm West Beach and Golden Mile Galleria for the participants to shadow.
In association with Fitness First, parts of Palm West Beach and Golden Mile Galleria will transform into an outdoor gym with an array of workout stations, including equipment for solo workouts, designated spaces for group sessions and classes such as boxing, functional, stretching and more.
Fitness enthusiasts can replenish with a hearty and healthy breakfast at one of the restaurants right after their intense training.
Palm West Beach's Fitness Hub, known as Workout by the Beach, will be open from 5 to 11 November, whilst Golden Mile Galleria's Fitness Hub will be open from 12 to 25 November, where both Hubs will be hosting two classes a day.
Get Moving on at Palm West Beach
Palm West Beach will be a hive of activities with plenty of outdoor classes to increase flexibility and muscle strength, maintain cardio health, improve athletic performance, and relax and revitalise.
Stretching with Topstretching
- Instructors from Topstretching will be guiding participants to focus on their body, mind and health through stretching exercises that relax, strengthen and tone the muscles on 12 November from 4 pm – 6 pm
Yoga Vibes with Yoga La Vie
- Yoga La Vie will host calming yoga, meditation and Zumba sessions on the beach on 13 November from 4 pm – 6 pm.
- Get on the mat with your furry friends for a unique yoga class in collaboration with Cosmopolitan ME and Dogventure HQ.
- The second edition of Doga will be held on the beach with dog owners getting into yoga positions with their pooch on 18 November from 4 pm – 6 pm.
- The class will focus on relaxation and breathing, while allowing you to bond with your pet and have fun, followed by Woofcamp by Dogventure HQ.
- Get the kids involved by signing them up for a fun run on Palm West Beach on 25 November from 4 pm – 6 pm.
- The friendly competition in collaboration with Team AngelWolf, the non-profit organisation to promote an active life together with People Of Determination, and RaceME Events will encourage children to be inclusive and help improve their physical, mental and personal well-being.
Challenge yourself at The Pointe
Get into the competitive spirit and bring your A-game for competitions and prizes on The Pointe during the Dubai Fitness Challenge.
- Calling out all padel lovers looking to improve their skills, Padel Park is hosting free beginner classes across male, female and mixed sessions.
- Residents fond of padel, the popular racket sport, can master the sport with the help of free beginner sessions every weekend (Friday to Sunday) from 4 to 27 November at 5 pm.
The Pointe Runs with RaceME Events
- Whether you just want to give running a go or are chasing a personal best time in the sport, join the RaceME Events runs on The Pointe on 9 November and 23 November at 7:30 am.
- Fit Box Gym at The Pointe invites you to put on your gloves and bring your best fight moves for a Kickboxing Tournament on 12 November at 5 pm.
- The adrenaline-filled event will have participants spar for medals, prizes and bragging rights.
Family Fun at Golden Mile Galleria
Family Day with Yoga La Vie and Little Champions Fitness Club
- Families can experience the Dubai Fitness Challenge with a range of activities with the kids on 26 November from 4 pm – 6 pm.
- Young ones can unleash their unlimited energy in gymnastics, boxing, aerobics and more, organised by Little Champions Fitness Club, and parents can enrol for relaxing yoga classes with their toddlers led by Yoga La Vie.
Dog Run with Dogventure HQ
- Get a healthy high by joining a run with your dog on 26 November at 7:30 am.
- The 5km run by Dogventure HQ will have dog owners running along Golden Mile Galleria and Al Ittihad Park for a good sweat with the community.
Little Champions Fitness Club's Free Kids Class
- Looking for fun and athletic activities for children to take part in? Little Champions Fitness Club will host ongoing activities during Dubai Fitness Challenge
- Kids can enjoy water aerobics, boxing, swimming cardio, gymnastics, pilates and more
- Classes start at 10 am to 8 pm throughout the fitness month.
Participants can register for all events on the website.