From celebrity meet-ups and drag racing to MOTN, here are the top things to do in Abu Dhabi this weekend.
Meet the Celebs at FuelFest Arabia
FuelFest Arabia, founded by Cody Walker, will be taking over the Liwa Village this weekend. Fans and drivers will be treated to live drifting and drag racing as the distinctive hum and purr of engines fill the air, along with special guest appearances from Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Steve Harvey, Cody Walker and more!
Where: Liwa Village, Liwa
When: Saturday, 17th - Sunday 18th December
Visit The Mother of the Nation Festival
MOTN Festival, the region's ultimate entertainment event, is back in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi, and is on its final leg. Running from 9th to Dec 18th, from 4 pm to midnight during weekdays and from 4 pm to 2 am on weekends.
There is something for everyone at this year's MOTN Festival. Visitors can get inspired, enjoy activities and games, interact with immersive art, take a journey around the world with the best food concepts and shop for unique products in the six zones: Inspire Space, Thrill Zone, Amusement Park, Food Hub, Live Arena and Shopping District.
When: Dec 9th to Dec 18th
Where: Abu Dhabi Corniche
- 4 pm to midnight - weekdays
- 4 pm to 2 am - weekends
Pricing: AED 30 (concerts not included)
Get tickets at www.ticketmaster.ae.
World Cup Action at Yas Fanzone
The Yas Island Fanzone – the ultimate venue for football fans in Abu Dhabi, is the perfect location to catch the action of the FIFA World Cup 2022 finals this weekend.
Watch Morocco take on Croatia on Saturday at 7 pm and Argentina take on France on Sunday at 7 pm in the 10,000 sqm dedicated fan space divided into four action-packed zones; the main viewing zone, the activation zone, the F&B zone and the VIP lounge zone.
The Yas Island Fanzone has football-themed activities for the entire family and enough space to host up to 2,000 fans a day.
Where: Yas Island Fanzone, Yas Links
When: Nov 20th - Dec 18th
Tickets: Platinum List
Visit the Sheikh Zayed Festival
Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the President of the UAE, and the insightful guidance of H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Presidential Court, the Sheikh Zayed Festival launched on 18 November 2022 and runs until 18 March 2023.
The festival includes a variety of entertainment, educational and cultural events from 27 countries and cultures, more than 60 restaurants serving food and beverage, and daily folklore performances spread over 120 days of fun and entertainment for the whole family.
Where: Sheikh Zayed Festival, Al Wathba
When: 18 November 2022 - 18 March 2023
Pricing: AED 5 Buy tickets
The Ripe Market Al Maryah Island
Explore mouthwatering food, diverse crafts, and live entertainment at The Ripe Market, Academy Park, every weekend from 2 December 2022 – 30 April 2023. With an abundance of dining options by the crate-load, The Ripe Market is a shopping hotspot for residents and visitors alike. The market supports local businesses that offer a range of goods and garments, from wooden crafts to unique toys and other items, perfect for take-home gifts.
Where: South Plaza, Al Maryah Island
When: Every Friday and Saturday
2 December 2022 – 30 April 2023
Timing: 3 pm – 10 pm
Stay & Play at Yas Plaza Hotels, Abu Dhabi
Yas Island is not merely a destination for those looking for fun and adventure. It is a place where memories are created with friends, family and loved ones. From a relaxing time at Yas Beach to the fastest rollercoaster at Ferrari World, a whimsical escapade at Warner Bros. Abu Dhabi, the most exhilarating waterpark, Yas Waterworld and a host of award-winning dining & nightlife venues, Yas Island has something for everyone.
Visit the Yas Plaza Hotels, the top family holiday destination in Abu Dhabi, where people gather for business, entertainment and relaxation. Guests get direct beach access and the best hotel stay and F&B packages at any of the six world-class hotels at the plaza, including Radisson Blu Yas Island, Crowne Plaza Yas Island, Yas Island Rotana, Park Inn by Radisson Yas Island, Centro by Rotana Yas Island, and Staybridge Suites Yas Island.
Savers Tip: You save a lot more when you book 2 nights & more!
AED 699++ (4 star hotels)
AED 649++ (3 star hotels)
- 20% discount on Food and Beverage & Spa
- Complimentary International buffet breakfast
- Access to Warner Bros. World, Yas Waterworld or Ferrari World
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in the rooms and public areas
- Complimentary access to Yas & Cyan Beach
- Complimentary access to Yas Express Shuttle
- Complimentary transfer to Warner Bros. World, Yas Waterworld and Ferrari World; Yas Mall and Yas Beach
- Access to outdoor swimming pools & recreational facilities
- Book one night and get unlimited access to one park, two nights - two parks and three nights - three parks (one park per day)
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Rates are based on 1 person per night
- Theme Park ticket will be issued as per the number of person/s booked
- Park ticket is valid only during the stay
- Offer is subject to availability and may change or be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offers.
- Rates are subject to 10% Service Charge, 3.5% Tourism Fee, 2% Municipality Fee and 5% VAT on room rate and service charge plus AED 10 government fees per room per night.
- As per the theme parks rules and regulations, park tickets will only be issued after 24 hrs. of the booking. (Only for the bookings made on the same day of arrival)