This weekend it's fireworks, fireworks, fireworks! Here's a round-up of the record-breaking fireworks happening in Abu Dhabi this weekend.
Break Guinness World Records at the Sheikh Zayed Festival
The Sheikh Zayed Festival is set to welcome the New Year with the largest record-breaking fireworks display that will last for more than 40 minutes and a magnificent drone show featuring more than 3000 drones. The Festival will open its doors on December 31 from 4 pm until 2 am and will welcome visitors with the message “Hayakum” to celebrate the New Year.
Revellers will enjoy exceptional performances such as a stunning fireworks display which will last for more than 40 minutes and will break three Guinness World Records, providing visitors with an exceptional experience as the new year begins.
The festival will feature the largest drone show, which aims to break a Guinness World Record for featuring more than 3,000 drones that will light up the sky of Al Wathba with a welcome message for the new year at the end of the exhilarating show.
Sheikh Zayed Festival is set to ring in the new year with a long list of dazzling international folkloric and artistic events and performances, which enhances its reputation as one of the most important international cultural and heritage festivals for offering visitors various exhibitions and shows such as the Heritage Village and the Emirati Civilisations pavilions, the Fun Fair City, Children’s City, Art District, Go-Karting competitions, Crazy Car, Glow and Flower Garden, Selfie Street, Dessert Museum and many more.
The celebrations of the participating countries will include entertaining international folklore and cultural presentations that will roam the Festival grounds and pavilions throughout the day, turning the Festival area into a global artistic destination.
Visitors of the Festival can explore the many different pavilions to enjoy and experience the art and culture of participating countries such as dances and live music shows on the various pavilion stages around the grounds.
Where: Sheikh Zayed Festival, Al Wathba
When: 18 November 2022 - 18 March 2023
Timing: 4 pm until 12 am.
4 pm - 2 am on NYE
Pricing: AED 5. Buy tickets
Entry is free for people of determination, children under the age of 3 and the elderly (above the age of 65).
Watch the Abu Dhabi Corniche Fireworks at the Extended Mother of the Nation Festival
MOTN Festival is not over just yet! The region's ultimate entertainment event has been extended by popular demand. MOTN reopened on 23 December and runs through 1 January in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi.
With the six zones: Inspire Space, Thrill Zone, Amusement Park, Food Hub, Live Arena and Shopping District still intact, festival-goers can enjoy even more entertainment, more fun and more laughter.
The event will be open from 4 pm to midnight daily except on New Year's Eve when visitors can experience the festival between 4 pm to 1 am.
When: Dec 23rd to Jan 1st
Where: Abu Dhabi Corniche
- 4 pm to midnight - weekdays
- 4 pm to 1 am on NYE
Pricing: AED 30 online and AED 35 at the gate
Get tickets at www.ticketmaster.ae.
Visit the Extended Liwa Village
Liwa Village – an oasis of Emirati culture, art, music and adventure – has curated a jam-packed programme of entertainment for families, locals and visitors to the region to ring in 2023 most unforgettably. The much-loved desert experience has also been extended till January 8th in response to a large number of visitors from across the UAE and beyond.
Liwa Village has transformed into six incredible zones where visitors can enjoy a range of thrilling, breathtaking and completely relaxing experiences: there's truly something for everyone, including:
- The Oasis offers a selection of retail and culinary experiences including The Giving Movement as well as a selection of home-grown regional favourites, including Let's Café, DRVN and Mattar Farm.
- Rooted in the culture and traditions of the region, the Souk offers all the aromas and atmosphere associated with this much-loved staple as well as even more delicious treats from SALT, High Joint, The Phil and NAP Pizza to name a few.
- At Playzone, big kids and little kids alike can enjoy the various rides, games and e-gaming options available including a Liwa Village Fortnite special.
- Right at the heart of it all, the Pavilion provides a place to just pause, eat, chill, rest, and reconnect.
- The Immersive Experience at GAZE presents Zuma, the award-winning restaurant, as they return to Liwa Village by popular demand. Diners are invited to tuck into contemporary Japanese delicacies while immersed in 360-degree specially-curated digital content designed specifically to reflect and enhance the culinary delicacies on offer.
When: Dec 16th - January 6th
Where: Liwa Village
Timing: 2 pm onwards
Pricing: Tickets are priced from AED15 and are available here.
NYE at Liwa Village
Ticket-holders can marvel at the main stage, where a star-studded line-up of artists will thrill and delight the crowds, including:
- Kuwaiti singer, Khaled Al Mulla, who is well-known in the Arab world for his unique style
- Saudi singer, actor, musician, poet and songwriter, Khalid Abdulrahman, performing some of his top hits including Ahat, Sarihini, Sudiqini, and Khuberooh
- Saudi artist, Ali Bin Mohammed, showcasing his fantastic repertoire of engaging ballads including Matghyer Shea, Kethr Al Mouwasel, and Ghalta
The expansive majlis seating coupled with the enormous digital screens creates the perfect space to be enthralled.
The concert in the desert culminates with a dazzling display of fireworks that will light up the dunes and the star-filled skies, marking the clock ticking over to the New Year and creating a memory that will last a lifetime.
When: Dec 31st
Where: Liwa Village
Timing: 10 pm onwards
Pricing: Tickets are priced from AED150 and are available here.
Abu Dhabi Celebrates New Year’s Eve on Al Maryah Island
Al Maryah Island will host a series of blockbuster New Year’s Eve activities, including engaging activities and workshops for the little ones, an exciting aerial act, a world-class performance by the Al Mariyah Island Bell Boys, premium F&B experiences, and a breathtaking fireworks finale on the Promenade.
The fifth edition of the annual New Year’s Eve concert will also take place for the very first time at the South Plaza, surrounded by the best Al Maryah Island has to offer, from top-of-the-line retail and dining offerings to premium hospitality options, and now Active – the unparalleled sports and recreation destination.
Where: South Plaza, North Plaza and Promenade, Al Maryah Island
When: December 2022 – 30 April 2023
Timing: 6:30 pm
Pricing: Free to enter (except for sold-out concerts).
Ring in the New Year with Fireworks at Yas Bay
Ring in the New Year on Yas Island with a dazzling display of fireworks at midnight at Yas Bay. Make it an unforgettable evening by reserving your table with an unparalleled view over the waterfront at your favourite Yas Bay restaurant.
Where: Yas Bay, Yas Island
When: December 31st
Pricing: Free to enter the Bay. Restaurant prices vary.